So after getting the RiggedPepperFullHands working with Orion i'm having real difficulty making any changes to it. Its all setup from a prefab so I can't update the rig directly from 3ds max and it magically work in Unity. However i can't figure out for the life of me how the prefab was setup in the first place to copy the process either
here's how i'm going about it (using the model from coreassets v3)
- drop the unedited model in the scene,
- set to 0,0,0 and rotate to make sure fingers point in +Z and palm faces -Y
- delete one arm mesh and its bones,
- create a empty object hand container at the wrist,
- create a empty object forearm container in the same place,
- reorganise the hierarchy to match the example,
- put a RiggedHand script on the model
- put RiggedFinger script on the fingers
- assign all finger bones to scripts on fingers
- assign all other parameters of scripts to copy the example, finger pointing axis, palm facing etc.
- in the LeapHandController drag in the arm as a graphics model
then laugh at my horribly deformed hand flapping about on the screen.
the weird thing is, everytime i try it i get different results depending on the order i assign scripts and parameters
it would appear that changing parameters on the prefab and then setting them back to how they were breaks the rig too.
any help you guys can give would be amazing (a short video on setting up one of the core asset models would be the golden goose).
I've aleady sunk 16 hours into it with no success.